Traditionally single function gateways are used for collecting & transporting data from edge locations such as residential homes, retail centers, office buildings, manufacturing plants, mines, oilfields, etc. With proliferation of Internet of Things and emergence of inexpensive edge compute hardware (such as raspberry pi), there is a need to enhance gateway capabilities beyond data aggregation & transport. Sayantek’s eRED transforms the role of gateway from single function to multi-access edge compute (MEC) platform that keeps pace with growing business needs.
- Data aggregation over multiple southbound connectivity options such as Wifi, Bluetooth, Lora, Sigfox, Zigbee, Serial, etc
- Interface with customer assets using standard & proprietary protocols such as OPC, Modbus, Profinet, Ethernet/IP, REST APIs
- Dynamically add modules for new interfaces & protocols as needed from eRED controller
- Use common, consistent enterprise wide schema for storage in data lakes
- Implement intelligent filtering to handle only actionable data.
- Correlate data from multiple sources for centralized model training
- Run trained models and infer patterns & actionable events of interest
- Perform data transformations to enable SaaS/PaaS integrations